- 1 Who is eligible for treatment at Walter Reed?
- 2 How do I schedule an appointment at Walter Reed?
- 3 Does Walter Reed treat civilians?
- 4 Are Walter Reed doctors military?
- 5 Can any veteran go to Walter Reed?
- 6 Can Veterans go to a military hospital?
- 7 How do I make an appointment with Tricare?
- 8 Is Walter Reed a Level 1 trauma center?
- 9 What is the old Walter Reed hospital used for now?
- 10 Does Walter Reed have helipad?
- 11 How many employees does Walter Reed have?
- 12 How do I get to Walter Reed Medical Center?
- 13 How far is Walter Reed from the White House?
Who is eligible for treatment at Walter Reed?
Also known as the President’s Hospital, Walter Reed provides care for members of the military and their families, the president, vice president, members of Congress and Supreme Court justices. When authorized, the medical center also provides care for foreign military members and embassy personnel.
How do I schedule an appointment at Walter Reed?
Call 855-227-6331 to make an appointment at any military hospital or clinic in the National Capital Region.
Does Walter Reed treat civilians?
Since then, NNMC has treated 1,539 service members, contract civilians and media personnel wounded in Operations Iraqi Freedom-Enduring Freedom. Over the years, Walter Reed has served and cared for every president of the United States, members of Congress and the Supreme Court, and other leaders.
Are Walter Reed doctors military?
The center was named after Major Walter Reed (1851–1902), an Army physician who led the team that confirmed that yellow fever is transmitted by mosquitoes rather than direct contact.
Can any veteran go to Walter Reed?
Walter Reed Army Medical Center treats active duty military and is part of the Department of Defense. The Veterans Affairs Department runs the VA health system which is for discharged veterans. Here to help understand the maze of the two systems is Bobby Muller.
Can Veterans go to a military hospital?
Who is eligible for VA health services? Dependents of veterans who are permanently and totally disabled or who die of a service-connected disability can qualify for CHAMPVA, a health insurance program that largely uses private doctors and hospitals to provide care.
How do I make an appointment with Tricare?
Booking SAMHS Appointments
- Get a referral from your PCM. Call your PCM, or. Send a secure message.
- Call 1-210-916-9900 or 1-800-443-2262. Check the status of your referral, and. Schedule your visit.
- If you can’t get an appointment at one of our facilities: Find a network provider. Call the network provider’s office to schedule.
Is Walter Reed a Level 1 trauma center?
19, 2013) — Walter Reed National Military Medical Center has joined an elite group of hospitals verified by the American College of Surgeons as a Level II Trauma Center.
What is the old Walter Reed hospital used for now?
Today, the site of the former Walter Reed Army Medical Center is emerging as The Parks at Walter Reed, one of the most ambitious mixed-use developments ever undertaken in the District.
Does Walter Reed have helipad?
Walter Reed also has a helipad — and helicopters — so non-military patients could be flown there quickly.
How many employees does Walter Reed have?
We are comprised of nearly 7,100 dedicated staff members who make it their daily mission to achieve the vision and mission of our medical center. Our vision is to serve military families and our nation’s active duty, returning war heroes, veterans and our Nation’s leaders.
How do I get to Walter Reed Medical Center?
If arriving by car, take the Baltimore-Washington Parkway South to the Capital Beltway. Then take RT 495 to West Silver Spring, Maryland Exit 30 and Proceed South into the District of Washington. Enter the third of three gates on the right to arrive at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center.
How far is Walter Reed from the White House?
The distance between White House and Walter Reed National Military Medical Center is 8 miles. The road distance is 8.8 miles.