- 1 Does Mass General have primary care physicians?
- 2 How do I make an appointment at Mass General?
- 3 Is a family medicine doctor a general practitioner?
- 4 What type of doctor do I need for general health?
- 5 How do I find a primary care doctor in Massachusetts?
- 6 How many doctors are in Boston?
- 7 How do I find my Mass General Number?
- 8 What insurance does Mass General Hospital accept?
- 9 What is the difference between a family doctor and a general doctor?
- 10 Is a GP higher than a doctor?
- 11 What type of doctor is best for primary care?
- 12 Which type of doctor is best?
- 13 What type of doctor should a woman see annually?
- 14 What kind of doctor specializes in immune system?
Does Mass General have primary care physicians?
Mass General provides comprehensive primary care and medical specialty services to 200,000 adult and pediatric patients in 15 locations throughout Greater Boston.
How do I make an appointment at Mass General?
New to Mass General? Call our patient care team at 617-726-2000 or use our convenient online form to request an appointment.
Is a family medicine doctor a general practitioner?
A family doctor or family practitioner is a physician who has completed a residency in family medicine. Family practice physicians are often called general practitioners or primary care physicians, and will see patients with nearly any issue.
What type of doctor do I need for general health?
All adults should have a primary care doctor. These are usually internal medicine (internists) or family medicine doctors. Getting an annual checkup can help your doctor spot health issues early on. Untreated conditions, such as high blood pressure, can lead to serious problems that are harder to treat.
How do I find a primary care doctor in Massachusetts?
If you need help selecting a doctor, call the primary care referral service at 800-711-4644.
How many doctors are in Boston?
Massachusetts had the most: 415.5 active doctors per 100,000 state residents, with 314.8 of those involved in patient care, compared to the national average of 258.7 active doctors and 219.5 involved in patient care. Mississippi, on the other end of the spectrum, had 176.4 active doctors and 159.4 in patient care.
How do I find my Mass General Number?
Registering as a Patient at Mass General All patients must have a current Mass General Medical Record Number (MRN) for hospital services. New patients may register by calling the Mass General Registration and Referral Center at 866-211-6588.
What insurance does Mass General Hospital accept?
Massachusetts General Hospital accepts most health insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid.
What is the difference between a family doctor and a general doctor?
Family practice physicians focus on meeting the needs of the entire family. The family doctor is uniquely trained to care for the whole person throughout his or her life, from birth to old age. General practice doctors also see patients of any age but do not typically specialize in a particular area.
Is a GP higher than a doctor?
All medical doctors start as medical students and typically continue training until they become a consultant, GP ( general practitioner ) or SAS (staff grade, associate specialist and specialty) doctor.
What type of doctor is best for primary care?
5 Primary care specialties to consider for your career
- Family medicine. Family medicine physicians work with both children and adult patients.
- Internal medicine. Internal medicine is another specialty within the primary care family.
Which type of doctor is best?
Best -Paid Doctors
- Cardiologists: $314,000.
- Anesthesiologists: $309,000.
- Urologists: $309,000.
- Gastroenterologists: $303,000.
- Oncologists: $295,000.
- Dermatologists: $283,000.
- Plastic surgeons: $270,000.
- Ophthalmologists: $270,000.
What type of doctor should a woman see annually?
Your Yearly Visit With Your Gynecologist Most women start having regular gynecologic appointments after puberty to make sure they have a full picture of their reproductive health. Generally, a woman should see her gynecologist every year for a regular pelvic exam.
What kind of doctor specializes in immune system?
An immunologist treats health issues brought on by immune system problems. Also known as allergists, immunologists are doctors who diagnose, treat, and work to prevent immune system disorders.