- 1 Can the doctor prescribe anything for weight loss?
- 2 Can I ask my doctor for appetite suppressants?
- 3 How do you discuss weight loss with patients?
- 4 When should I see my doctor about weight loss?
- 5 What is the strongest weight loss pill?
- 6 What is the best OTC weight loss pill?
- 7 What naturally suppresses appetite?
- 8 What supplements help curb appetite?
- 9 Why do I never lose weight?
- 10 What is the recommended total calorie deficit per day for weight loss?
- 11 Is it rude to tell someone to lose weight?
- 12 What advice would you give to an obese person?
- 13 When is unexplained weight loss a concern?
- 14 How do I stop losing weight?
- 15 What can cause rapid weight loss?
Can the doctor prescribe anything for weight loss?
The only medicine prescribed for weight loss is Orlistat.
Can I ask my doctor for appetite suppressants?
Prescription Appetite Suppressants Appetite suppressants are drugs designed to curb hunger and, in turn, help you lose weight. The FDA has approved these medications that you can only get with a doctor’s prescription: Liraglutide (Saxenda).
How do you discuss weight loss with patients?
Open the discussion about weight in a respectful and nonjudgmental way. Patients may be more open if they feel respected. Open the discussion about weight in a respectful and nonjudgmental way. Before asking patients if they wish to discuss their weight, mention the health risks associated with overweight and obesity.
When should I see my doctor about weight loss?
A good rule of thumb is to see your doctor if you’ve lost a significant amount — more than 5 percent of your weight — within 6 to 12 months. In addition, take note of any other symptoms to talk over with your doctor. Remember, not all weight loss is serious. It can happen after a life-changing or stressful event.
What is the strongest weight loss pill?
Phentermine-Topiramate extended release (Qsymia) is the most effective weight loss drug available to date.
What is the best OTC weight loss pill?
Here are the 12 most popular weight loss pills and supplements, reviewed by science.
- Garcinia Cambogia Extract. Share on Pinterest.
- Orlistat (Alli)
- Raspberry Ketones.
- Green Coffee Bean Extract.
What naturally suppresses appetite?
Natural appetite suppressants
- Eat more protein and healthful fats.
- Drink water before every meal.
- Eat more high-fiber foods.
- Exercise before a meal.
- Drink Yerba Maté tea.
- Switch to dark chocolate.
- Eat some ginger.
- Eat bulky, low-calorie foods.
What supplements help curb appetite?
Here are the top 10 natural appetite suppressants that can help you lose weight.
- Fenugreek. Fenugreek is an herb from the legume family.
- Gymnema sylvestre.
- Griffonia simplicifolia (5-HTP)
- Caralluma fimbriata.
- Green tea extract.
- Conjugated linoleic acid.
- Garcinia cambogia.
Why do I never lose weight?
There are some medical conditions that can drive weight gain and make it much harder to lose weight. These include hypothyroidism, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and sleep apnea. Certain medications can also make weight loss harder, or even cause weight gain.
What is the recommended total calorie deficit per day for weight loss?
A calorie deficit of 500 calories per day is effective for healthy and sustainable weight loss. Eliminating sugary beverages, consuming mostly minimally processed foods like fruits and vegetables, and eating home-cooked meals can help you reach a calorie deficit without calorie counting.
Is it rude to tell someone to lose weight?
1. “How much weight did you lose?” Asking someone his or her weight is rude and invasive and it downgrades the immense effort it took to create the weight loss to a simple number. Think of it this way: how much someone has lost is as private as their current weight, age or salary.
What advice would you give to an obese person?
People who are overweight or have obesity should also start regular physical activity when they begin their healthy eating plan. Being active may help you use calories. Regular physical activity may help you stay at a healthy weight. Learn more about healthy eating and physical activity to lose or maintain weight.
When is unexplained weight loss a concern?
The point at which unexplained weight loss becomes a medical concern is not exact. But many doctors agree that a medical evaluation is called for if you lose more than 5 percent of your weight in six months to a year, especially if you’re an older adult.
How do I stop losing weight?
14 Simple Ways to Break Through a Weight Loss Plateau
- Cut Back on Carbs. Research has confirmed that low-carb diets are extremely effective for weight loss.
- Increase Exercise Frequency or Intensity.
- Track Everything You Eat.
- Don’t Skimp on Protein.
- Manage Stress.
- Try Intermittent Fasting.
- Avoid Alcohol.
- Eat More Fiber.
What can cause rapid weight loss?
Potential causes of unexplained weight loss include:
- Addison’s disease (adrenal insufficiency)
- Amyloidosis (buildup of abnormal proteins in your organs)
- Celiac disease.
- Changes in diet or appetite.
- Changes in sense of smell.
- Changes in sense of taste.